typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats tonight in Brooklyn

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats tonight in Brooklyn
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:07:37 -0500

Or rather 'last night...' Thanks to Joly and Shirley for the set info.

Twas a great show indeed. So nice to see 'em back. Esp. cool to see/hear "Lola" and "Fairytale in the Supermarket" as the closer. Also, Ana was an exceptionally good sport, hanging out with fans and patiently posing for pics when I had trouble getting a camera to work. Great to hear that they were gonna go see Palmolive today.

Adorable repeat from their '94 show: the crowd was going wild with cheering and Ana said "We're not done yet..." (again, taken back by the reaction).

Also noticed that the place was filed with rock crits- Christgau, Marcus, Will Hermes (NYT/R.Stone), Chris Weingarten, Viv Goldman, etc.

Realized also that we all should have tried to do a TG meet-up there. Some other time maybe?

cheers,

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://tinyurl.com/crazedbythemusic>
Twitter: <http://twitter.com/jgrossnas>