typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Anticipation

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Anticipation
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:05:14 -0700 (PDT)

I think bklyn is sold out? I didn't get tickets because I was going to see
them in LA, but they were so good we wanted to go again, but couldn't get
tickets.

HOWEVER, I just found out about this, saturday night Ana Da Silva is playing
her first US solo show in bushwick:

http://starrspace.net/cal_new.html

I can't make that either, but thought everyone should know!

On a different topic, while at the Part Time Punks fest, James Nice of LTM
sold me a copy of the Rob Gretton notebooks book, 1 Top Class Manager, which
is just coming out now. I figured I'd save on shipping by picking it up then.
It's basically a straight up reprinting of Gretton's notebooks from the very
early days of managing Joy Division to the early days of New Order, and it
includes sundry items such as some flyers and receipts and correspondence and
notes. I'm not going to pretend this book is of any interest to anyone who
doesn't live and breath Joy Division/New Order, but it's pretty amazing, and
our very own Joly makes a few appearances in the form of Better Badges
contracts and invoices!

Dan Selzer
http://www.acuterecords.com/blog