typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Raincoats show

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: J Neo Marvin <j_n_e_o AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats show
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:04:00 -0700

For your entertainment, here's something I wrote on Friday's Raincoats show in SF on our blog:

http://earcandleproductions.blogspot.com/2009/10/here-they-come-la-la-la-la-la-la.html

Question for Shirley:

They included a couple unfamiliar songs in their set, including a very pointed, amusing one from Gina with the chorus: "I'm a silly girl! I'm a warrior!" Is this a sign that they may be doing some recording soon?

-J Neo Marvin
http://www.live365.com/stations/jneomarvin
http://earcandleproductions.blogspot.com