typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] "It were all fields round here in the post punk days!"

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: lsmith <yelmo2000 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] "It were all fields round here in the post punk days!"
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:57:48 -0800 (PST)

Wow. Interesting. Thanks for sending this along.
I don't think I'd heard of the The Quietus, I'll have to explore it.
But I have to say the "Song from Under the Floorboards" video (embedded in
the article) is pretty amazing. Made me see/hear the song in a new way from
the way the music is performed live, and Devoto's intensity. In fact, I never
really knew the lyrics, I guess in part because I couldn't just look them up
on the Internet, and that gave me even more respect for the song/band.
- Lani

"I'm only craving fewer pieces of paper, fewer words in my letters and fewer
letters in my words, in order to say what I gotta say."
- Sylvester Stewart/Sly Stone