typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Fwd: Viv on playing with The Slits again!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: robin dudley <rodudley AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Undergrou" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Fwd: Viv on playing with The Slits again!
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:04:32 -0800

there are a few clips of the slits at ladyfest on youtube. kudos to viv for getting up there. a lot to learn in a short time...it sounds like she felt upstaged to say the least! not surprising under the circumstances, as joly suggests...also ari is just plain surer of herself than when she was 15 and less in awe of viv. will they/won't they? time will tell. the slits have surely been lacking a really strong guitarist but things have changed completely. they don't all live near each other anymore, so that rapport is harder to build...