typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] THE SLITS REFORM FOR NEW SHOWS

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] THE SLITS REFORM FOR NEW SHOWS
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 17:23:43 -0500

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/the%20slits%20reform%20for%20new%20shows_1085711

THE SLITS REFORM FOR NEW SHOWS

THE SLITS are to play their first shows with the original
line-up in 30 years, it has been confirmed.

After splitting in 1981, frontwoman Ari Up has previously
reunited with bassist Tessa Pollitt for shows in 2006, reports
Uncut.

However, guitarist Viv Albertine has now returned to the fold
for two shows at Ladyfest in Manchester on November 9th, as
well as a headline gig at London's Astoria on December 3rd.

The members decided to play the dates after collaborating on a
book to celebrate 30 years since the release of their debut
album CUT.

Commenting on the reunion, Albertine said: "Zoe is why I
became interested in the Slits again - to see someone
intelligent and cool like that being so into what we did had a
major effect on me. And, the book, thank God, it's about time
the Slits got the respect they deserve!"

The book, Typical Girls?, is due to be published by Omnibus
Press next Summer.

Joly MacFie
212 608 1334
http://wwwhatsup.com