typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] (no subject)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] (no subject)
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

And while Joly was selling badges in NYC at the Ritz during my high school days, it wasn't till after college when I met him during the Punkcast days, going so far as to being the subject of what must be one of the weirder episodes in Punkcast history:

http://punkcast.com/399/index.html

in which Joly filmed me and Mike Simonetti DJing for an hour at Motherfucker in the basement of Centro Fly. The clip in the above link is a few minutes of Mike mixing House of Jealous Lovers over French Kiss. Very early 2000s!

And don't forget to pick up your Acute Records pin here:

http://www.pinstand.com/pins/acute.html#2467

dan
http://www.acuterecords.com/blog