typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Call for films by female filmmakers!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Lydia Beilby <dancethedada AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Call for films by female filmmakers!
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:45:31 +0000

Hi there, my name is Lydia and I am involved in putting together the film programme for Ladyfest Edinburgh 2008. We are holding three screenings in Edinburgh this coming May and are presently looking for submissions from female filmmakers for our 'Avant Garde' and 'New Shorts' programmes. So if anybody would like to submit their work, please do email me! There are no stipulations, other than the piece must be under 20 minutes long.

Also, I wonder if anyone knows of any doccumentaries about music, made by women? I think this wuld be a great thing to incorporate into our programme.

Thanks for your time,
Lydia

P.S Check out www.ladyfestedinburgh.co.uk for more information about what we're doing and our programme.

Get fish-slapping on Messenger Play now!

  • [TypicalGirls] Call for films by female filmmakers!, Lydia Beilby, 04/11/2008