typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] New Bloods >> sxsw, slits and raincoats-related

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: robin dunn <rdunnrn AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] New Bloods >> sxsw, slits and raincoats-related
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:26:21 -0700 (PDT)

sorry i missed the new bloods -- hope they'll be back
soon. but had a great time catching the slits three
times. on the final night i went with a friend who
had probably seen 50 bands over four days, who said
the slits were the highlight of it all. they're in
great form, and touring.

they've added a great guitarist named michelle, from
the bay area -- so presently ari, tess, anna, michelle
and holly.

also, caught kitty daisy & lewis -- these are the
three kids of former raincoat ingrid. the folks play
along with the kids, sort of a swing / rockabilly
thing, ingrid on double bass.

--- "Tim B, NYC" <tjb81 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just got back from SxSW and saw the New Bloods
> there. I can't remember anyone ever mentioning them
> here but they would definitely fit. 3 piece all
> female band from Portland. See them here:
> http://www.myspace.com/thenewbloods.
>
> They played the Kill Rock Stars showcase & I really
> enjoyed the set although the lighting could've been
> better. Their debut album is out in April.
>
> In the next day or so I'll be posting a couple of
> live pix of them at my blog, Stupefaction
> (www.theworldsamess.blogspot.com)
>
> Tim

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.