typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Fwd: [girlgroup] Looking for young women of colour in underground metal scene

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Sara Sherr" <sarasherr AT gmail.com>
  • To: ladyfestphilly AT yahoogroups.com, "Typicalgirls@Lists. Org" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Fwd: [girlgroup] Looking for young women of colour in underground metal scene
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 18:40:34 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laina Dawes <lainadawes AT hotmail.com>
Date: Mar 1, 2008 10:55 AM
To: girlgroup AT yahoogroups.com

Hi;

Lurker here.....

I am working on a project and am looking for young women of colour in the underground metal scene - concertgoers and listeners. I have heard from a couple of online buddies that apparently they are seeing an increase at black and death metal shows but I am having a difficult time finding any info. I've been told NYC and Portland seem to be flourishing.

If anyone knows of any women - I'm looking for 16+ who would be interested in being interviewed. Also, if anyone knows of articles or news items on this, or has heard anything / observed an increase, please email me. I'll be at EMP and will be present at any Girlgroup hookups, but you can drop me a line at l.dawes5068 AT rogers.com.

Laina Dawes freelance writer / music journalist www.lainad.typepad.com

[