typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] No Wave Cinema

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: john-cline AT mail.utexas.edu
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] No Wave Cinema
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:11:08 -0500

Hi...this is my first post to this board, though I've been reading for some
time. Basically, I'm sending this out to inquire whether anyone might know
where some of the films I've got listed could be obtained. Although not all
of
these films relate directly to the subject matter of this board, most of them
do, since Lydia Lunch, Adele Bertei, and others make appearances, and Beth B
and Vivienne Dick were directors closely associated with the New York/No Wave
era. Anyway, I'm looking for the following:

Early Vivienne Dick:

Guerillere Talks
She Had Her Gun All Ready
Beauty Becomes the Beast
Liberty’s Booty
Staten Island

James Nares:

No Japs at My Funeral (documentary, no info)
Waiting in the Wind

Beth and Scott B

The Offenders
Trap Door

Eric Mitchell--Underground U.S.A.

Becky Johnston (?):
Sleepless Nights

John Lurie (?):
The African Queen
Men in Orbit

Amos Poe:
Night Lunch

Any of Casandra Stark’s stuff

Kathryn Bigelow’s The Set-Up

Charlie Ahearn--Twins

Michael Oblowitz: King Blank

Bette Gordon:
Empty Suitcases
What is it, Zach? (w/ Tim Burns)

Sara Driver:
You are Not I
Sleepwalk

Manuel de Landa—Raw Nerves

Michael McClard: Alien Portrait
Also any of the footage from the public access shows All Color News and
Communication Update (Michael McClard was involved)

I really appreciate any help that can be given here; I've found a lot of stuff
through bootleg dvd sites and trades, but some of this seems to be pretty
obscure in terms of purchase-ability...this is part of a long-term research
project for me, so thanks again if you can provide any info or are interested
in arranging a trade or something.

john.

  • [TypicalGirls] No Wave Cinema, john-cline, 08/16/2007