typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Anyone make it to the show??

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Brian Turner <bt AT wfmu.org>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Anyone make it to the show??
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:12:23 -0400 (EDT)

Yes. The Macarren Pool website said the show was
starting at 7:30. We got in the *cough* VIP line at
7:30 and could hear the Slits, who sounded good. By 10
minutes later when we got our tickets and got in they
were done and off the stage. I knew I was running a
bit late but figured I'd only miss like 1 song and not
the entire set. My girlfriend who likes the Slits and
is probably indifferent to Sonic Youth, who obviously
didn't have a life-changing experience upon first
hearing a Daydream Nation tape bought new at the
Livingston Mall in NJ like me, was really dissapointed
and pissed off.

From what I heard, the Slits *were* supposed to start later, but then
were offered an early stage time if they wanted a non-abbreviated set, cuz I guess SY was absolutely having to get on by 8pm. Not that anyone bothered to post
that info anywhere. Hope you at least caught the list's namesake song which was towards the set's end.

Brian Turner
WFMU Music/Program Director
PO Box 5101
Hoboken, NJ 07030

UPS Only: 43 Montgomery Street, 4th Fl.,
Jersey City, NJ 07302

www.wfmu.org
(201) 521-1416 x223