typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] tour diaries

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "URSULA HILTER" <cucaracha.aburrida AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] tour diaries
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 20:53:24 -0300

por que me llegan tus mails? no entiendo nada

2007/7/17, pauline boudry <paulinep AT snafu.de>:
hi, in spite of self-promotion, i thought this might be of interest for some of you in the list who are interested in films about contemporary girlbands.
i just finished a tour diaries of my band rhythm king and her friends. we play in all europe and together with many other girlbands like robots in disguise, angie reed, scream club, stereo total, cobra killer, tara de long or lesbians on ecstasy who are all featured in the film.

if you are interested write directly to me. i am selling the film for 12 euros (+shipping) please note that the film will be also on our new cd, coming out in september on kitty-yo, so if you want the cd anyway, wait untill september!

best greetings from berlin
pauline

about the film:
length: 40 min
language: english

A street angel with a cowboy mouth

Tour Diaries 2004-2005

Rhythm king and her friends

Filmed in diary format, A street angel With a Cowboy Mouth documents Rhythm king and her friends' european tour, undertaken shortly after the release of their first LP „I am Disco" with Kitty-Yo. Concert footage from Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris, Geneva, London, Manchester,Glasgow, Athens or Rome is supplemented with the rarely seen side of touring: backstage life, the travel, the encounters along the way.

The film shows us the different underground scenes the band performs in, the relationship with their public, and the cooperation with other musicians, be it at queer festivals, ladyfests or electronic music clubs.

 The diary style makes it possible for rhythm king and her friends to reflect upon their musical and artistic methods; and includes commentary about the texts of „I am Disco", as well as the collective work practices of the band.

 Apart from the experiences of the band itself, this film throws a light on the current electronic scene, introducing not only  various organizers of the musical events, but also meetings along the way with and pictures of many girl bands and stars such as  Robots in Disguise, Angie Reed, Scream club, Stereo total, Cobra killer, Tara Delong & Lesbians on Ecstasy.

A film by Pauline Boudry

Camera, sound & editing: Pauline Boudry

Additional camera: Dafne Boggeri, Silvia Casalino

Sound mix: Rashad Becker

Color Correction: Merle Kröger