typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] electrelane

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Lizzie Ehrenhalt <dancingvioletsnail AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] electrelane
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

I'm so glad a discussion of Electrelane has gotten started on this list!  I really do believe they are one of the best rock bands working right now.  I was lucky enough to interview Ros recently (http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/Content?oid=330237&category=22153) and she was really awesome to talk to.  If you have a chance to see them live on the No Shouts tour, I recommend it.

Lizzie

daniel c <daniel AT oddpost.com> wrote:
re electrelane

do check out ros's (bassist) fantastic pre-electrelane band LESBO PIG (perfect for fans of marine girls or receptionists) and her current side-project RAY RUMOURS www.myspace.com/rayrumours ... best place to look for lesbo pig is soulseek.
"i'm on fire" was a b-side of "on parade", a single from electrelane's second album ('the power out') & is on their singles comp.