typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Belaboris, Hermine, Carambolage, Grylurnar, Plath

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Nicole Emmenegger <nicole AT jennywoolworth.ch>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Belaboris, Hermine, Carambolage, Grylurnar, Plath
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 19:31:19 +0200

Hello all - I am looking for basic biographical info on the following bands
and performers:

Belaboris - Finland (Salla, Minna Soisalo, Saara)

Hermine Demoriane - France

Carambolage - Germany (Guitar - Angie Olbrich, Vocals - Elfi Esther Steitz,
Drums - Britte Neander)

Grylurnar - Reykjavik, Iceland (Vocals - Ragnhildur Gisladóttir, Guitar -
Inga Rún Pálmadóttir, Bass - Herdis Hallvarðsdóttir, Drums - Linda Björk
Hreiðarsdóttir)

Plath - Italy

I have done the requisite Google searches on them all but am still lacking
some basic insights and information. This is for an upcoming exhibit at the
Shedhalle gallery in Zurich, Switzerland called "Lost and Found"
(www.shedhalle.ch) featuring my on-line women in punk archive
(www.jennywoolworth.ch).

As a special bonus, I am expanding my archive to include biographical pages
on twenty artists. I will also put together a cd sampler with one song each
from these artists to be presented in a limited edition during the show (not
for sale publically).

The tentative list of the twenty bands is below. It ranges from well known
acts to the relatively obscure - important for me was to highlight bands
from every corner of the world and not lean to heavy on the US/UK scene.
Feedback and commentary welcome!

Bloods
Unknown Gender
Dangerous Birds
Scrawl
Avengers
Inflatable Boy Clams
Poison Girls
Snatch
Dolly Mixture
The Plastics
Look Blue Go Purple
Hermine
Carambolage
Oestro 430
The Vyllies
Dog Faced Hermans
Kitchen and the Plastic Spoons
Belaboris
As Mercenarias
Grylurnar
Lizzy Mercier Descloux?
Plath?

  • [TypicalGirls] Belaboris, Hermine, Carambolage, Grylurnar, Plath, Nicole Emmenegger, 05/01/2007