typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Ruth Polsky wikipedia page

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Hilary Jaeger" <jaema11 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Ruth Polsky wikipedia page
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:37:10 -0500

Re: Ruth Polsky's wikipedia page:

I take umbrage with the statement/rumor that George Scott killed himself.
Seemingly, and/or blatantly self-destructive behavior still does not
necessarily equate with intentional suicide.
Furthermore, I don't think that Ruth was, as implicated, a catalyst.
But--I didn't know him for very long--or, for that matter, so very well--so,
whomever else might want to chime in--please go on....

Also--prudos to you for putting Polsky up on the net. I am unclear about her
place in time, and in music--but, I certainly remember her--especially a
lunch she arranged at her apt. on W. Houston in '79 or '80 for her, myself
and Louise Grief; because, she told us, she felt we were the women in a
field of men booking bands at that time. She made a tuna casserole and we
talked.
I'll dig out my journal and see if there is anything worth re-telling.
-H