typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Fw: Nancy Arlen, R.I.P.

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: weasel walter <weaselw AT juno.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Fw: Nancy Arlen, R.I.P.
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 01:17:19 -0800

this was sent to me by mark rudolph . . .

NANCY ARLEN (1942-2006)

Sad news, via Artnet. Nancy Arlen, 64, sculptor who showed her cast-polyester abstractions at Robert Steffanotti Gallery and the New Museum in the 1970s, died following heart surgery on Sept. 17, 2006. Arlen made a series of glass works in 1983 and then more-or-less retired as an artist. She was also the drummer for Mars, one of the "No Wave" bands featured on the 1978 NO NEW YORK record album produced by Brian Eno. Mitchell Algus Gallery exhibited some of her works in 1998, and is working with the estate.

  • [TypicalGirls] Fw: Nancy Arlen, R.I.P., weasel walter, 10/29/2006