typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Pearl Harbour article

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Pearl Harbour article
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 13:33:46 -0400

Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

PEARL HARBOUR
* Rockabilly new-wave mama
"... one year after watching that (debut) record go nowhere, having moved to London and dropped the "E. Gates" and adopted the British spelling of her pseudo(sur)nym, Pearl Harbour dropped the Explosions and released a most excellent solo album, Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost Too (1981, Warner Bros.). By all means pick this one up. Yes, good people, never mind the bollocks, damn the indie-rock flavors of the week, Pearl Harbour's Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost Too is well worth hearing repeatedly."

Also note... our zine has entered the world of MySpace- you can find us at <http://www.myspace.com/perfectsoundmagazine>
Feel free to visit us there and sign up as our friend (we'll be glad to be your friend).

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason

P.S. Be Your Own Pet last night at Southpaw were GREAT. Anyone on this list owes it to themselves to see them live.

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
MySpace Page: <http://www.myspace.com/perfectsoundmagazine>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>

  • [TypicalGirls] Pearl Harbour article, Jason Gross, 09/30/2006