typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Kill Your Idols movie

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Kill Your Idols movie
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:07:21 -0400

[There's some good shots of me in the YYY segment, or so I'm told -
I did meet the producer and found him a joyless soul, so I'm not
surprised at the 'jaundiced' bit. joly]

"Idols" finds distributor in Palm Pictures

Sun Jun 18, 8:49 PM ET

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - "Kill Your Idols," a documentary
covering three decades of underground New York bands from Teenage
Jesus & the Jerks to Sonic Youth to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, has been
picked up for North American and Caribbean distribution by Palm
Pictures.

The film is part of a new wave of indie music docus that includes
fest circuit faves "American Hardcore" and "Too Tough to Die: A
Tribute to Johnny Ramone." Director S.A. Crary takes a jaundiced
look at the evolution of 1970s "no wave" music to today's
alternative music scene.

The feature took home a best New York documentary feature award at
the 2004 Tribeca Film Festival.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

WWWhatsup NYC

  • [TypicalGirls] Kill Your Idols movie, WWWhatsup, 06/19/2006