typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] spiral scratch 100

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "sarra cenia" <sarracenia.81 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] spiral scratch 100
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:53:32 -0400

HI. I've got that issue of Spiral Scratch. If you want scans of the pages, let me know.

- No one ever agrees with these top 100 lists. This one in Spiral Scratch was an early one.
Since then, we've seen the J.K. top DIY list in Ugly things, Top Punk LP lists, and so many top rare 45 lists. The newest being the "Record Collector magazine":100 Most Collectable Punk Records.

- It's an odd trait of collectors, to list and rank everything. I do like to see these lists, to learn about other peoples opinions, or of records I don't know.  BUT, I could never commit to a top anything list.
-