typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] rip it up and start again

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] rip it up and start again
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:31:00 -0800 (PST)

--- WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net> wrote:

> I note someone griping on amazon.com that they've
> cut three whole chapters out
> from the UK edition. What would they be I wonder?

The chapters on NY No Wave, the birth of SST,
and...just kidding. I don't remember but assume they
are uk-centric chapters. Not sure why they did that
and the books US publicist yelled at me last saturday
for admitting that I had bought the UK version via
amazon.co.uk for very little extra money. And it'd
probably be wrong for me to mention that you can still
order the UK version.

Don't know if any of you in the NY area made it out to
the book release party...it was also the release party
show for this very "hot" band called Kudu, sort of a
punky, "sexy", post-electroclash kind of band with
some OK beats and some very questionable lyrics, but
due to this, it was totally packed and not everyone
seemed as excited for our DJing as Simon himself. Such
Typical Girls faves as Lora Logic, Delta 5, the Dance,
Marianne Faithful, Maximum Joy, Bush Tetras, Lydia
Lunch, ESG, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Pulsallamma,
Cristina etc were all played.

btw, while I'm finally putting together the website,
Acute Records finally has a myspace page:

http://myspace.com/acuterecords

featuring the standard punk badge graphic, care of
Punkstand...

please be our friend.

-dan selzer