typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Fw: guestbook entry

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Lani Smith" <LSmith AT minlib.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Fw: guestbook entry
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:15:06 -0500

A search for the book on Worldcat (an online/database listing of over 9,000 libraries) shows "The Post-Subcultures Reader" (au. David Muggleton;  Rupert Weinzierl) available at a lot of academic libraries. You may be able to request it through your local library.

Here's a list of the table of contents:

What is 'post-subcultural studies' anyway? / Rupert Weinzierl and David Muggleton -- Tastefully renovating subcultural theory : making space for a new model / Geoff Stahl -- Image, body and performativity : the constitution of subcultural practice in the globalized world of pop / Gabriele Klein -- 'Oh bondage, up yours!' Or here's three chords, now form a band : punk, masochism, skin, anaclisis, defacement / David Bloustien -- Post-rave technotribalism and the carnival of protest / Graham St John -- Bridging the micro-macro gap : is there such a thing as a post-subcultural politics? / Oliver Marchart -- Unlearning to raver : techno-party as the contact zone in trans-local formations / Toshiya Ueno -- Constructing 'neo-tribal' identities through dress : modern primitives and body modifications / Theresa M. Winge -- Between criminal and political deviance : a sociological analysis of the New York chapter of the Almighty Latin King and Queen nation / Louis Kontos -- Radical hybridity : Latinas/os as the paradigmatic transnational post-subculture / Angharad N. Valdivia -- 'Race' and class in the ' post-subcultural' economy / Martina Böse -- Diaspora experience, music and hybrid cultures of young migrants in Vienna / Roman Horak -- Global youth cultures in localized spaces : the case of the UK new Asian dance music and French rap / Rupa Huq -- Heavy metal and subcultural theory : a paradigmatic case of neglect? / Andy R. Brown -- The death and life of punk, the last subculture / Dylan Clark -- 'Lady' punks in bands : a subculturette? / Helen Reddington -- Resisting subjects : DIY feminism and the politics of style in subcultural production / Doreen Piano -- The 'X-files', online fan culture, and the real David Duchovny estrogen brigades / Rhiannon Bury -- 'Net.Goth' : Internet communication and (sub)cultural boundaries / Paul Hodkinson -- Internet subcultures and oppositional politics / Richard Kahn and Douglas Kellner.

Simlarly for "Music, Power & Politics," with Randall, Annie Janeiro. listed as author.
A censorship of forgetting : origins and origin myths of Battle hymn of the republic / Annie J. Randall -- Discipline and choralism : the birth of musical colonialism / G. Olwage -- Power needs names : hegemony, folklorization, and the viejitos dance of Michoacán, Mexico / R. Hellier-Tinoco -- The power to influence minds : German folk music during the Nazi era and after / B. Sweers -- The making of a national musical icon : Xian Xinghai and his Yellow River cantata / Hon-Lun Yang -- Dancing for the eternal president / K. Howard -- Después de 500 años : the role of saya in Bolivia's black cultural movement / R.W. Templeman -- The power of recently revitalized Serbian rural folk music in urban settings / J. Jovanovic -- Hands off my instrument! / H. Reddington -- Barbadian tuk music, a fusion of musical cultures / S. Meredith -- There goes the transnational neighborhood : calypso buys a bungalow / M. Eldridge -- Fighting for the right (to) party? : discursive negotiations of power in pre-unification East German popular music / E. Larkey -- Who's listening? / B. Hogg -- Subversion and counter-subversion : power, control and meaning in the new Iranian pop music / L. Nooshin.