typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] McCookerybook

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Shirley B." <littleshirleybeans AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] McCookerybook
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:49:02 -0800 (PST)

hope im not stating whats already obvious .... helen mccookerybook is the lead
singer from the chefs, who were on attrix records in the early 80s. she just
put put out a retrospective compilation of her work, but i believe only one
song on the cd is by the chefs. a shame, because the chefs are so grand and
really deserving of a proper reissue.

saw the joly props on page 39, nice!