typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] female record collectors

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: robin dunn <rdunnrn AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Lani Smith <LSmith AT minlib.net>, typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] female record collectors
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:23:39 -0800 (PST)

i've become a rather compulsive collector of live
recordings over the past five years or so. i have
thousands of recordings and keep them all documented
and sorted. i know a few other women who do the same
(it's a woman who maintains the most extensive and
detailed jayhawks collection), but am always
outnumbered by the guys.

lani, if you're looking for info for your article, i
could get you in touch w/ kim schultz, who is so
involved with the jayhawks. she is really devoted and
super detail-oriented regarding collecting and
documenting their recordings.

same question with guitar. significant differences
there in the way males and females take on the
instrument. probably any number of ideas as to why
that is. it's something i've often wondered about.