typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] delta 5 cd for sale now

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Tobi Vail <tobi AT killrockstars.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] delta 5 cd for sale now
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:49:44 -0800

hi everybody, I rarely do this, but we put Delta 5 up today and I wanted to let you know it is for sale:

http://www.buyolympia.com/killrockstars/Item=KRS415

Delta 5
KRS415 Kill Rock Stars
Singles & Sessions 1979-81
Part of the Leeds/UK art/music scene in the late 70s that launched The Gang of Four and The Mekons, Delta 5 was signed to Rough Trade after only a few months in existence, and released their first single recording, "Mind Your Own Business/Now That You've Gone" in 1979. No less an authority than legendary BBC host and producer John Peel received an advance copy of the single and played it twice that same night. He then requested that the band do a "Sessions" gig for him and the band was officially on its way. Relentless gigging with The Gang of Four, Echo and the Bunnymen, B52s, Specials, Teardrop Explodes, and U2 put the band on the map worldwide. They continued touring and recording until various members departed in late 1981, when they recorded one last single and then broke up for good in 1982.

the official release date is Tuesday January 24. we will try and ship all orders placed this weekend by Tuesday.

check the kill rock stars front page for more new stuff by the Gossip, Starter Set, Laura Viers, a cheap new sampler called Otis's Opuses and more!!!!

as always be sure to let me know if there is typical girls related stuff available for distro so we can carry it
--
Tobi Vail
Mail Order

  • [TypicalGirls] delta 5 cd for sale now, Tobi Vail, 01/20/2006