typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] trus de groot (?)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: smurf <ziggysmurfdust AT pandora.be>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] trus de groot (?)
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:15:23 +0100

it's Truus De Groot and she's mentioned here and there on the web:

http://kmier.net/mixed/punks10.html
http://www.sonicyouth.com/dotsonics/lee/ints/suburbia.html
http://www.furious.com/perfect/dutchpostpunk.html

She used to be in the Dutch group Nasmak (which is a shortening of Nasmaak, meaning "aftertaste")
After the first LP (Nasmak Plus Instruments/Instruments Plus Nasmak) she left for NY to form a group named after this first LP Plus Instruments or +Instruments with Lee Ranaldo, Greg Kafton and David Linton, together they make the MLP "Februari-April 1981" (Kremlin 1981, label from Eindhoven, Holland that also put out the Brassers from Belgium 12")and single "Special Agreement" (Plurex 1980)

http://www.popinstituut.nl/biografie/nasmak.3292.html (in Dutch)

nowadays she seams to be making somekind of neo-exotica stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/artist/glance/-/300117/002-9103360-6013613

and I also found this:

"Jim Sclavunos (1982-1983)

Although Jim has never been a true band member, he is responsible for
most of the drumming on Sonic Youth's second album Confusion is Sex.
After Sonic Youth Jim concentrated on playing together with his wife
Truus de Groot."

Isn't the internet marvelous? ;)