typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Lene Lovich interview

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Lene Lovich interview
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:05:45 -0500

Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever online music magazine <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

LENE LOVICH- Interview w/new wave icon
"Having been instantly attracted to her weiro hit from 1978/9, "Number One," her wild fashions, her wonderfully goofy, child-like music, I couldn't help but wonder what she would be like in person. After a string of late '70's, early '80's albums for Stiff, she seemed to disappear, briefly popping back in 1990 and then only reappearing recently with a new album, Shadows and Dust (perfect for any upcoming Halloween celebrations or spooky evenings), and her first stateside shows in quite a while."

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>

  • [TypicalGirls] Lene Lovich interview, Jason Gross, 12/02/2005