typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Lora Logic no show

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: MMyers9383 AT aol.com
  • To: HunnyPi007 AT aol.com, typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Lora Logic no show
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:55:14 EDT

Gina was performing solo the other night. About half the set was done with her 'home movies' playing as a backdrop - which worked pretty well.

Last time I saw Lora Logic was with a Hare Krishna band -1984? maybe 1983? - called Juggernaut, Poly Styrene was in the band as well - personally I thought it was pretty dire and a waste of both Lora & Poly Styrenes talents. Since then I think there has only been a couple of ep's that came out recently which you could download or send off for and are included (or partly included ) on the 2 cd Kill Rock Stars compilation. Would love to hear that a comeback was on the cards.......I only ever saw Essential Logic a handful of times but have not come across many bands since that come close.
MartinM
being a typical typical girl, i was wondering the other day what lora logic had been up to since her last musical release.  any info would be appreciated.

also, is gina now performing under her own name and not with the hangovers?

lydia