typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Gang of 4

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Stephen Burt <burt AT Macalester.edu>
  • To: dinahornreich AT earthlink.net, Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Gang of 4
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:33:05 -0600

No reason to change the name of the list, I think, as it's still devoted to bands you'd be discussing if you wanted to discuss bands philosophically, historically or sonically related to the first Slits album! Let's keep the name but agree that it's OK to discuss Gang of 4 if we really, really want... s

Note: the typo below "of" should be "or" as in "What bands would
exemplify this aesthetic OR philosophy?"

-Dina

dinahornreich AT earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~dinahornreich