typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Re: die matrosen

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Evan Davies <evandavies AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Re: die matrosen
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:14:10 -0800 (PST)

> available almost only on Rough Trade imports. They did get props from
> Christgau, Marcus and others at the time, which probably helped

For what it's worth they got pretty regular airplay on WNYU's New Afternoon
Show when I was there in '80/'81, and I feel like I used to hear "Die
Matrosen" a lot in clubs, so people who were inclined to seek out new stuff
could have come across them pretty easily in NYC at least. "Ain't You" and
"Eiseger Wind" were also getting airplay, but "Die Matrosen" would certainly
qualify as a 'hit' in those circles.

Evan

=====
---