typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] slits reunion

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] slits reunion
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:04:35 -0500

well, as i said before sara, you did hit her at a bad time -
- she can get a little frazzed, true, but she's an absolute
trooper, always does a good show - i doubt you'll find anyone else
who's a fan who'll have a negative word to say about her performances

original drummer palmolive is into some wird religious thing i think, but
i think either bruce or budgie would be more appropiate - i was with ari
when we ran into budgie a couple years back and i can say there
is definitely warm feelings there

i'd say tessa and ari could tour as the slits, with diff drum and guitar -
if it was the right people - like say hannah from shoplifting and the girl
from
erase errata, but i don't think it's going to happen

but her current band have learnt several slits songs, and do them
pretty good

joly

>I would love to see a Slits reunion, but isn't one of them seriously
>into religion now? Also, everything that is/was great about Ari could
>keep this from happening. I booked a show with her solo a few years ago
>and it was a total fucking nightmare. She's still my hero--from a
>distance.

WWWhatsup NYC