typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Fw: Re: [spockmorgue] the Longshoreman

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: weaselw AT juno.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Fw: Re: [spockmorgue] the Longshoreman
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:29:05 -0800

Longshoremen/pink section/inflatable boy clams were brought up on
spockmorgue recently, FYI, and somebody who was there had a little
information . . . (not me).

ww

Monday, November 22, 2004, 11:53:26 AM, one spoke:

AW> I heard this record by some bohemians from SF made around 1986
AW> called "the longshoreman".

AW> Does anyone have any info about these people or know if they are
AW> still around? they are fabulous.

Carol Detweiler and Judy Gittelsohn were yes also in Pink Section
(with Matt Heckert), and in Inflatable Boy Clams (with JoJo Planteen),
and played in Club Foot Orchestra Mk. I & II and probably a bunch of
other short-term combos I'm blanking on. A linear model like the one
NP just posted isn't really accurate -- that whole scene was more of a
swamp of people picking up & dropping band names at will (Longshoremen
were on the _Club Foot_ sampler in 1980, e.g.). Through the magic of
google I see that Dog had an SF cable access show at some point but I
have no idea when that was.

Judy has a site at http://judyg.com/ ; see also

http://1121.com/clams/
http://www.o-art.org/history/Groups/Clubfoot/RKelley.html