typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Re: Vivien Goldman

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Re: Vivien Goldman
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:08:03 -0500

oh i missed that i think

but she spent the whole summer writing 'the book of exodus'
about bob marley's sojourn in the uk after he was shot in jamaica,
punky reggae party onwards, and would call me up at all hours
to help w/ fact checking/inspiration

one interesting aspect was that the island studios engineer on exodus
um, guy bidmead, was a complete metalhead who went on to do several
motorhead albums and even the metal band, exodus - hence the heavy
sound on that record.

i have, unedited, video of a very nice live internet audio streaming session
from 2001 with viv and ari dueting while ras kush spins

and you can see her lecturing at barnard on http://punkcast.com/143/

joly

>Vivien Goldman wrote an article for the NY Times
>magazine about teddy boys sometime recently...

WWWhatsup NYC