typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] The Young Ones

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The Young Ones
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 04:07:31 -0500

i think actually it was the other way round, Dan

Neneh brought Don to the party. The real connect was
Vivien Goldman.

Neneh was actually working for me at Better Badges
as a cutter at the time, believe it or not. Sharing
an apt w/Ari. Don would show up and try and convince her
to return home to NYC, with little success. Eventually, after
they both toured with The Slits, she married PG drummer Bruce Smith,
and they went on to RRP IIRC.

We had another cool jazzy singer at BB called Sarah Vaughn, and a
frequent visitor was Andrea Jaeger, sis of our own Hillary, who
went on to sing with Pigbag - which you can hear in the file
section of the old TG location at
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/typicalgirls/files/mp3/

joly

>Bottom Burp!
>
>Yeah, Rip Rig and Panic went all "jazz" after the Pop
>Group and Don Cherry appeared on their record, he
>brought Neneh. Then RRP splinter groups Float Up CP
>featured Neneh much more predominately, as lead
>vocalist.
>
>-dan selzer

WWWhatsup NYC