typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Fw: [girlgroup] Guide to the Unknown Women Legends in Music?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Fw: [girlgroup] Guide to the Unknown Women Legends in Music?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:01:49 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Title: Re: [girlgroup] The The Girl Group Collective's Guide to the Unknown Women Legends in Rock
Dear Friends:

Below is a discussion that I initiated at the Girl Group list (which many of you may be members of) and I felt that the discussion is also relevant here. Basically, I was suggesting doing a supplement to an established "Women in Rock/Music" book. Kind of like what Ben Goldberg did with his zine Badaboom Grammophone when he had a section in issue 3 on "The Bands Not In The Trouser Press Guide." Jason Gross, Daphne Carr, and myself are collaborating on this!

Read on if you are interested.