typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Fw: R.I.P. Robert Quine

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: HunnyPi007 AT aol.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Fw: R.I.P. Robert Quine
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:47:08 EDT

bob quine worked with lydia lunch ("queen of siam" album and teenage jesus — i.e. he produced "orphans" and "baby doll"), so he's an honorary tg.  here are some more details on his musical importance and on his unfortunate passing:

Punk rock pioneer ROBERT QUINE, whose piercing guitar style was one
of the most distinctive among punk rock musicians, died of an
apparent heroin overdose on June 5th. Quine was reportedly
despondent over the sudden death of his wife ten months ago. The
Ohio-born guitarist was a founding member of RICHARD HELL's
legendary VOIDOIDS and also played with TOM WAITS, LOU REED and
MATTHEW SWEET over the years. Quine, who was included on Rolling
Stone's 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time list last year, was
sixty-one.