typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Fw: [girlgroup] Re: women in punk

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Fw: [girlgroup] Re: women in punk
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 06:20:42 -0700 (PDT)

This posting is from girl group (which many of you may be on...), has anyone head of this "Flaming Youth" band?

Someone naively posted to girl group about her perceptions of a "dearth" of female artists in old school NYC punk. (I tried to get her to bring up the discussion here, but I don't believe she joined -- B: are you out there lurking somewhere?) While she admitted later on that this was a poor choice of wording, I responded quite critically anyhow. What can I say? I'm bad.