typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] dolly mixture reissue

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] dolly mixture reissue
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 08:01:04 -0700 (PDT)

OK, here is one thing I learned:

"Bob Stanley once compiled some of the Dolly Mixture songs for a CD called
"Dolly Mixture - demonstration tapes" released in 1995 on his short-lived
Royal Mint record label" (from Birdie page on St. Etienne website)

However, I am guessing that this reissue is no longer in circulation. Anyone
have it? If so, I'm REALLY jealous.

And, oh yeah, some nice folks on this list clued me in to the fact that the
"Return of the Giant Slits" reissue is from Sony Japan. Costs about $30 for
us in the US (and there are no extra tracks).

Back to the grind...

-Dina

dinahornreich AT earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~dinahornreich/

Moderator, Typical Girls List
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=17851

Ockhams Razor: Basic Scientific Principal
"All things being equal the simplest explanation
and the simplest answer is probably the right one."