typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] The Disposals

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: LiLiPUT1 AT aol.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] The Disposals
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:14:27 EDT

All -

On "Janus, Jeanie and George," Redd Kross sing "The Disposals were still making noise." As I've been asking since the freakin' 80s, who were The Disposals? All a friend could tell me back then was that he thinks he saw them on the cover of that great (defunct?) punk mag Flipside. A year or so ago, I found an interview with Redd Kross where they discuss the Disposals a bit. I thought I saved it on my hard drive but now, of course, I can't find it. There's a flyer for one of their shows here:
http://www.cosmicwaste.com/flyers/nomag%20benny.htm

And I found this factoid:

THE DISPOSALS (the bassist/singer for this LA punk band was a Black girl from Inglewood named Janice Jones, who later played in the Nip Drivers)

Does anyone know anything about them?

xo,

Kevin

  • [TypicalGirls] The Disposals, LiLiPUT1, 04/20/2004