typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Creme Blush in Brooklyn

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Solidarity Foreva <solidarity4eva AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Creme Blush in Brooklyn
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:35:17 -0700 (PDT)

Crème Blush (electro-pop) and Dirty
Churches(improv-ambient rock) are rockin' the Altar
April 22nd at OfficeOps (57 Thames Street, Floor 2) in
Brooklyn. Festivities start at 8pm. Refreshments will
be served so be sure to bring lots of friends to dance
the night away! We will also have a silent auction
with lots of cool prizes at dirt cheap prices. Check
it out! $5 if you buy tickets before the event
(purchase on www.Altar Magazine.com). $7 at the door.

Come out, bring at least 5 friends and tell at least 5
more, have tons of fun, and support a good cause (or
three) while you're at it!

Contact: Mandy Van Deven
(917) 337-0443 or mandy AT altarmagazine.com
For more info about Creme Blush go to
www.iluvcremeblush.com
For those who can't attend these events and would like
to send a donation, here are your options:
1- Send cash, check or money order made out to "Mandy
Van Deven" to: Altar Magazine
955 Metropolitan Avenue
Suite 4R
Brooklyn NY 11211
2- Use a Credit Card by going to www.paypal.com and
sending the donation to info AT altarmagazine.com.

Everyone who donates $5 or more will get a copy of
Altar Magazine #3. If you donate $25 or more, you will
also get an Altar Magazine t-shirt. A donation of $100
or more (individually or as a group effort) will buy a
1/4 page advertisement and web banner for the
non-profit/activist
organization of your choice that will be seen by over
6,000 Altar Magazine readers.

We ask that all donations be sent by April 22nd.
Please email Mandy with any questions or for more
information. We appreciate your support of this
independent media project. We could not exist without
it!

In May, Altar Magazine will release its third issue
this spring featuring interviews with JEREMY DEVINE,
founder of Temporary Residence; Berkeley radical
1960's activist and feminist scholar, JO FREEMAN; TOM
GILROY, author of The Haiku Year; and SUHEIR HAMMAD,
Def Poetry Jam performer and author of Born
Palestinian, Born Black. The articles in this issue
include Diary of a Hoe by Jennifer "j-Love" Calderon,
The Rise of the His and Hers Subway by Thom Bailey,
Partisan Protests: Questions to Ponder by Mickey Z., O
Captain, My Captain: Edward Said, The Best Teacher I
Never Met by Scott Boehm, and Uneasy Alliance: Black
Women's Affinity Across Caribbean and African American
Culture Lines by B. Lois Wadas. Writers and artists
living all over the world contribute to the content of
Altar Magazine.