triangle-free-yoga - [triangle-free-yoga] 12n M 11 May @ Patanjali's Place: vinyasa

triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: about free yoga events in the Research Triangle (NC) area

  • From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>
  • To: triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [triangle-free-yoga] 12n M 11 May @ Patanjali's Place: vinyasa
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:58:44 -0400 (EDT)

From: Bryan Carey <patanjalisplace AT gmail.com>
Date: Sun, May 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM
Subject: Free Introduction to Vinyasa Yoga Lunch with Kathleen Pace, Tomorrow
(12-1pm)!

> Join us in welcoming Kathleen Pace for Vinyasa Yoga Lunch on Monday,
> May 11, from Noon to 1pm!

> Vinyasa Yoga Lunch connects movement with breath in a fluid manner.
> Kathleen brings her own unique style to her asana sequencing that is
> graceful yet strong. In this class, the foundational postures of
> Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga are the focus of the practice as well as other
> postures explored to enrich and energize your individual yoga
> practice.

> Kathleen Pace received her Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
> Movement Studies from East Stroudsburg University in 1997. During
> that time she studied Yoga with Doctor Murphy, a professor at ESU
> and a student of the Himalayan Institute.

> Kathleen also studied modern dance with East Stroudsburg
> University's resident choreographer and Master Yoga Professor,
> Catherine Culnane, and Dr. Elizabeth Gibbons, the head of the dance
> Department at East Stroudsburg University. Through creative movement
> exploration, Kathleen was able to develop her technique and have a
> sharp awareness of the body's potential to move through space.
> Coupled with her studies in Anatomy and Physiology, Kinesiology, and
> Exercise Physiology, Kathleen brings a unique perspective to the
> world of yoga.

> She continues to study yoga through self-practice and by learning
> under some of the best yoga instructors in the country. Duncan Wong,
> www.yogicarts.com , Beth Shaw and Melanie Redfern, www.yogafit.com.
> Kathleen was a Philadelphia Sports Club yoga faculty member. She was
> chosen among the top yoga instructors in Philadelphia to teach
> instructors the Vinyasa style "Club Yoga" class format. She also
> teaches challenging Pilates Mat, and Allegro Reformer classes, and
> has been trained in the Balanced Body Method, under the Elizabeth
> Larkam technique.

> Kathleen is passionate about yoga and its benefits in creating a
> strong body and peaceful mind. She considers herself a student as
> well as a teacher. She began her practice in 1995, and teaching
> since 2000. She teaches the Vinyasa method to beginner through
> advanced yoga students.

> --
> Bryan Carey, Steward
> Patanjali's Place - A Community Yoga Space
> 700 Foster Street
> Durham, NC 27701

> Mailing Address
> PO Box 1722
> Durham, NC 27702

> 919-475-1355

> patanjalisplace AT gmail.com
> www.patanjalisplace.com

Patanjali's Place is just north of downtown Durham:

http://www.patanjalisplace.com/map.shtml
> 700 Foster Street, across the street from Claymakers and Manbites
> Dog Theatre - through the open red door

See map and pix @ that page. I haven't been there since it opened
(about a year and a half ago?), so I don't know for sure, but as I
recall, it's a nice space, with good parking, but no props. (If you go
there, please let us know how it went.)

HTH, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>

  • [triangle-free-yoga] 12n M 11 May @ Patanjali's Place: vinyasa, Tom Roche, 05/10/2009