tcrp-news - [tcrp-news] TCLocal contributor featured in Cornell Chronicle

tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Tompkins County Relocalization Project

  • From: Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [tcrp-news] TCLocal contributor featured in Cornell Chronicle
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:06:03 -0500

Already noted in the local sustainability community, but not yet
posted to this list, is some recent highly relevant work by
TCLocal member Chris Peters:

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/Oct07/diets.ag.footprint.sl.html

The finding of Chris's group regarding the need to include some
meat production in a maximally efficient food system is a perfect
example of the kind of sophisticated (I hesitate to use the word
"holistic") approach we need to be taking in trying to plan for
energy descent in a particular location. It ain't simple, and the
right answers ain't obvious.

Jon

  • [tcrp-news] TCLocal contributor featured in Cornell Chronicle, Tompkins County Relocalization Project, 11/12/2007