solaris-packages-announce - [solaris-packages] New bulk installation script

solaris-packages-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: solaris-packages-announce

  • From: Mark (Mookie) <mark AT zang.com>
  • To: solaris-packages-announce AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: [solaris-packages] New bulk installation script
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 100 22:20:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi again,

No packages to announce just yet, they are still building. However I've been
updating the documentation and have included a great little bulk installation
script. Simply create a directory with the packages you wish to install and
run the script and it will generate a custom shell script to add your packages
to your system. It even recognises those slightly non-conventional packages
with different directory names from their package filename.

You can either check out the script from the Bulk Installation link from the
main menu or go to it directly via:

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/packages/solaris/sparc/html/autoinstall.html

You will see the script at the bottom.

I wrote this in the last week because I've been installing way too many new
versions of Solaris to do it even slightly manually :) A few of you may also
find it useful.

Cheers,
Mark
mark AT zang.com
mark AT metalab.unc.edu

  • [solaris-packages] New bulk installation script, Mookie, 01/03/2000