solaris-packages-announce - [solaris-packages] Solaris 7 x86 and GNUbison.1.25.i86pc.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz

solaris-packages-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: solaris-packages-announce

  • From: Mark (Mookie) <mark AT zang.com>
  • To: solaris-packages-announce AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: [solaris-packages] Solaris 7 x86 and GNUbison.1.25.i86pc.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:13:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Last night I purchased an intel box and installed Solaris 7 x86 release 8/99.
It's currently sitting in the rack being laughed at by the SPARC machines.
To start things off I've created a package this morning before I go to work,
to test the setup.

If you go to http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/packages/solaris/sparc/ you will
be presented with a download URL for:

GNUbison.1.25.i86pc.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz

and:

GNUindent.2.2.0.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz
GNUmake.3.77.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz
GNUpatch.2.5.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz

Over the next few days I'll gradually build up the development packages
for Solaris 7 x86 and pull out the proverbial finger and get busy updating
some of the other packages to present day release levels.

Note that Solaris 8 will be released shortly in FCS form, (First Customer
Shipment). Sun says sometime in February, scarily enough around the time
that product which we won't name here from Microsoft is due. I'll have
packages for the new Solaris releases available before you get your software
since I have machines standing by for the FCS release. I'm playing around
with the beta releases now but I know not to mix beta and FCS stuff so there
will be no public packages for Solaris 8 yet.

I hope everyone has a enjoyable holiday season and I look forward to
answering all your emails next year with "Read the README" :). I hope
you have all loaded the Y2000 patches from http://www.sun.com/y2000/
and http://sunsolve.sun.com/.

Cheers,
Mark.
mark AT zang.com
mark AT metalab.unc.edu

  • [solaris-packages] Solaris 7 x86 and GNUbison.1.25.i86pc.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz, Mookie, 12/16/1999