sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] Mail List or Bug Report? . . .

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] Mail List or Bug Report? . . .
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:37:12 -0700

How would it pollute the database any more than me firing a half dozen
bug reports from prometheus daily? Bugzilla is perfectly content to have
tens of thousands of bugs go in and out of it. We can have a seperate
component for version bumps if necessary.

The main problem I have with trying to put all the updates on a website
is there isn't any accountability. No one is able to see whats going
on as easily as with bugzilla. If there are version bumps bugs filed
against a section we can just query bugzilla about them. Its the flat
file vs structured database argument all over again.

Philosophically I consider a version bump a bug. A rather simple one,
just like a missing depends. But its a bug none-the-less.

Just my 2 cents. *shrug*

If you can keep track of what version bumps are needed for your section
more power to you. Just the rest of us may not know whats going on.

-Andrew