sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Forums are up!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Forums are up!
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 10:35:22 -0700

Hello mages!

This is also something I've been thinking about for a long time.

A few weeks back we had a short IRC discussion about reviving our
community platform to maybe attract more users and have some
discussions started while we're working on the technical stuff.

So I decided to give it a shot.

For those who also missed what I think we had as the best async
discussion platform [0], here goes:

https://sourcemage.org/Forum

I tried to keep the look/layout close to the original with a couple of
modern touches. Supported markup is pretty simple. Markdown is
also supported. All hipster features were removed, so the focus is kept
around meaningful and productive conversations rather than emojis and
other Slack-like garbage.

There's not much content in there, and too bad we lost all backups of
the userbase/content shortly after I officially joined back in 2007.
Even with a few encrypted backups left, no one was able to recover the
keys and pass it to me. But I'll keep digging, and if someones sees this
message and somehow has access to the older database, please let me
know!

Again, this is highly experimental, so I welcome everyone to test it
and report any bugs / issues it may have.

Thanks!

[0] https://web.archive.org/web/20070623055944/http://www.sourcemage.org/forum

--
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>

  • [SM-Discuss] Forums are up!, Vlad Glagolev, 09/10/2019