sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Changes to scm web-interface

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Changes to scm web-interface
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 07:41:48 -0700

Hello mages!

Recently I was experimenting with some scmweb refresh work to make it
faster and more resilient.

I tried switching gitweb to FastCGI, but unfortunately it introduced
even more instability with zombie processes after some time of running,
and in general this method is considered quite outdated.

That forced me to look into other options, and I gave cgit a try:

http://scmweb.sourcemage.org/

It's been up for a couple of days and seems to be fast and
resource-efficient.

If you had subscriptions to RSS feeds, which cgit doesn't have out of
the box, don't worry, since it still supports Atom, e.g.:

http://scmweb.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire.git/atom/?h=master

So please use your favorite RSS/Atom reader to discover and update
those links.

Please let me know what you think.

--
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>