sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] libmisc update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Haley <khoralin AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] libmisc update
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:08:42 -0600

Sorry for taking so long to get this out ...
The holidays put on hold anything I wanted to do here and had to pick things up afterwards.

In summary, the show_file() function within libmisc uses output from 'file -b' to determine the best way to show a file. Regarding text files, the option looked for "*text". While this would account for this like "UTF-8 text" or "ASCII text" the option did not account for the fact that additional information comes after the word "text". Because of this the option failed and the text was not displayed as would otherwise be expected.

the option was changed to "*text* and appears to have addressed the issue.

A single line needed to be updated within the show_file() function. Additionally, an entry within the ChangeLog file has been added to account for the change, however minor it might be.

As I only have access to pull, and not to push, changes to sorcery, I have included a patch file for the above change. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide or test regarding this patch if required.

---
David Haley, SilverSlayer

  • [SM-Discuss] libmisc update, David Haley, 11/29/2016