sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Current KDE4?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Current KDE4?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 13:39:08 +0100

Hi,

I recently wanted to fill out a PDF form and that resulted in a
half-a-week-build-and-fix frenzy to get an install of okular,
apparently the only viable program able to do that on GNU/Linux.

After having installed the rather dated version in our git master, I
bumped it to 4.14 with the other lowlevel KDE4 stuff in a local
grimoire.

The last I see about fresher KDE was Treeve discussing the change in
semantic desktop cruft, corresponding an update to KDE 4.13. How's that
now? Do we have a branch with updated KDE stuff lying around? It
wouldn't be right if I started pushing stuff for that, as I don't
really use KDE proper and it would mean installing lots of stuff just
for testing, without actual interest in the whole.

Alrighty then,

Thomas