sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New tools for dealing with spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ismael Luceno <ismael.luceno AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New tools for dealing with spells
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:49:09 -0300

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 16:48:43 +0100
Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org> wrote:
> Am Thu, 27 Nov 2014 12:29:04 -0300
> schrieb Ismael Luceno <ismael.luceno AT gmail.com>:
>
> > Hello fellow mages.
>
> I just want to say that I welcome activity here ... and I might be
> checking out your tools if we'd get something moving at all. I'm
> blocked with updating stuff because we have stuff lingering in
> branches. It may be off-topic ... but ... let's get moving. Just tag
> that stable-rc ... then work on test, using whatever fancy tools are
> at hand. Or that master branch thing. Somehow I fear that other thread
> will die again before something happens.
>
> This may be a strange answer to your post, but perhaps that's better
> than no answer at all ...
>

> Alrighty then,

I know very well what we need to get things going, it has been always
the same issues.

I didn't used to get involved very much because at first I felt too
inexperienced, and later I was already too busy with life, which I
guess it's everyone's issue here.

I think I have solutions for quite a few of our problems, and we should
have an informal meeting on mid January to discuss every problem in
detail.

Also, we need to get our spells more up to date, and be a good
alternative to distributions like Debian, when we get there, things will
start happening, but for that we have quite a lot of work, and there
lies the trick, and some of my solutions :).